An ETF delegation of 14 union representatives, truck and bus drivers from Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Spain and Sweden will campaign in front of the European Parliament in Strasbourg on 17 May, prior to Commissioner Bulc’ statement in the EP plenary on the Road Initiative.
The ETF calls the EU Institutions to confirm their commitment to a social Europe. In particular, the ETF and its member organisations want to see the European Commission acting in line with its political pledge of equal pay for equal work and equal value. The European Commission should also abandon plans to concentrate most of the driving time in the first part of the month while postponing the rest towards the end of the month.
The press is kindly invited to participate in a press conference organised from 11:30 – 12:00 in the European Parliament, Press Room (Low N-1/201) and co-hosted by the MEPs Christine Revault d’Allones Bonnefoy and Karima Delli.
The press conference offers the opportunity to get familiar with the ETF Warsaw Declaration signed by 60 trade union organisations, including representatives of 8 New Member States, and interview our drivers about their working and living conditions.
The ETF Strasbourg visit includes the following highlights:
• 10.00 – 11.00: Action in front of the European Parliament by a group of 50 trade union activists in support of a European Commission Road Initiative
• 11.30 – 12.00: ETF press conference on the ETF Warsaw declaration co-hosted by MEPs Christine Revault d’Allones Bonnefoy and Karima Delli
• 12.00 onward: Separate meetings between members of the ETF delegation and MEPs from their respective countries
• 16.00 – 18.00: ETF delegation meets the S&D group
• Evening: ETF delegation attends the debate on “Road transport in the European Union”
For more information, please contact Cristina Tilling: firstname.lastname@example.org or via Mobile at +32(0)478 55 81 35